Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) has launched a consumption-based hybrid cloud-as-a-service offering, as part of its continued focus on providing customers flexible consumption offerings.
The company debuted the new HPE GreenLake Hybrid Cloud service last Tuesday at its Discover conference in Las Vegas.
>See also: Embracing hybrid cloud services in traditional industries
According to HPE it is designed to help customers manage costs and reduce complexity within their hybrid IT infrastructure deployments. Utilising automation and remote services, HPE hopes to minimise the need for new skilled staff to manage cloud implementations.
The latest offering will support AWS and Azure Stack. However, it will not support Google Cloud, although this is a possibility in the future.
Ana Pinczuk, SVP and GM of HPE Pointnext, said: “Building on the leadership and success of consuming infrastructure with HPE GreenLake Flex Capacity, we are taking the next step in consumption.”
“HPE GreenLake offers an experience that is the best of both worlds – a simple, pay-per-use technology model with the risk management of data that’s under the customer’s direct control.”
See also: 5 essentials for managing hybrid cloud environments
The outcome-based IT consumption solutions include:
- HPE GreenLake Big Data: A Hadoop data lake, pre-integrated and tested on the latest HPE technology and Hortonworks or Cloudera software.
- HPE GreenLake Backup: An on-premises backup capacity using Commvault software pre-integrated on the latest HPE technology with HPE metering technology and management services to run it.
- HPE GreenLake Database: An open source technology to help simplify operations and substantially reduce total cost of ownership for a customer’s entire database platform.
- HPE GreenLake for SAP HANA: An on-premises appliance operated by HPE with the right-sized, SAP-certified hardware, operating system, and services to meet workload performance and availability objectives.
- HPE GreenLake Edge Compute: An end-to-end lifecycle framework to accelerate a customer’s Internet of Things (IoT) journey.